Made with Moxie: Sketching with thread

March 20, 2012

Sketching with thread

I've never free motion quilted before. Or FMQ as the kids call it these days. I've had the foot for months. And had it prefectly 'broken' per Leah Day's instruction too. Is just scares me because I hate to destroy fabric. But since my current project is a)mostly scraps and b) something for myself I put on my big girl pants and gave it a whirl.

As you can see, I am no pro....yet. I think I may need a drink or two before the next session to relax and loosen up a bit. Which could either greatly improve my stitching or totally eff up my hand/eye/foot coordination.

In other news, I am returning my Singer 160. It just isn't five hundred dollars of wow. I mean, you can't even switch the needle from always ending up to always ending down. I can get a sweet Hello Kitty Bernina that does that and more for $299.

Now I can use that money in our new community garden plot. That's a lot of garden gnomes!